We all know how important it is to keep our homes clean and tidy, but sometimes we forget about the little things. Your shower head is one of those little things that can easily get forgotten about in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. But did you know that your shower head can actually be a breeding ground for bacteria if it’s not cleaned on a regular basis? Yuck!
So, how do you clean your shower head and keep it bacteria-free? Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Remove your shower head and soak it in a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water for about an hour. This will help loosen any build-up that may be on the shower head.
- Use a soft brush to scrub the shower head, being careful not to damage the finish.
- Rinse the shower head thoroughly with warm water.
- Replace the shower head and turn on the water to check for leaks.
- Repeat these steps every few months to keep your shower head clean and bacteria-free!
Keeping your shower head clean is important for two main reasons: hygiene and function. First, let’s talk about hygiene. Your shower head can easily become a breeding ground for bacteria if it’s not cleaned regularly. By taking the time to clean your shower head, you’re helping to prevent the spread of bacteria and keeping yourself healthy.
Second, let’s talk about function. A build-up of minerals and soap scum can actually clog your shower head and reduce water pressure. So not only is it important to clean your shower head for hygiene reasons, but it’s also important for maintaining optimal water pressure in your shower!
If you’re looking for affordable bathroom remodeling solutions in the Bay Area, look no further than Bath Planet NorCal! We’re a 5-star rated, fully insured company that specializes in bathroom remodeling. We offer a wide range of services, including showers, tubs, vanities, toilets, and more. Call us today at 866-708-7788 to schedule a free consultation!